Building on its reputation for versatility, the Challenger ATR continues to feel quick and nimble on the trail, while remaining super smooth on the road.
- The outsole was updated for better traction and a smoother, more consistent ride.
- The midsole and upper were slightly redesigned but maintain a similar ride and feel.
True to classic HOKA design, the Challenger ATR continues to offer a high cushion-to-weight ratio with its lightweight, oversized EVA midsole. The CMEVA (Compression Molded EVA) foam midsole absorbs impact forces and creates a stable landing so you can venture deeper into your favorite trails.
In order to balance support, durability, and breathability, this shoe utilizes a dual-layer mesh with an internal heel counter and a toe cap. Finished off with 4mm lugs and a popular outsole design, the Challenger ATR 5 is ready to take you from the porch to the mountain and back in comfort.
- Soft EVA Midsole runs the full length of the shoe and is 30% softer than traditional EVA foam, offering enhanced cushioning and support.
- Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry is a rockered midsole design engineered to deliver a smooth ride and increased propulsion.
- Full Ground Contact provides increased traction and a smooth heel to toe transition.
- Trail Outsole with podular design for stability on uneven terrain.
- 4mm Lugs provide reliable traction on trails.
- Dual-layer mesh supports the foot while allowing for ample air-flow.
- Textured TPU toe-cap increases impact protection from underfoot hazards.
- Internal heel counter increases the security of the hold to minimize slipping.